Increase length of task titles

Lars

15 Nov, 2022 01:35 PM

Hi Niko, would it be possible to increase length of task titles?

In the task title I put all the information I use for billing (mostly ticket number and ticket ID), sometimes that is too short.

Best regards,
Lars

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 16 Nov, 2022 08:09 AM

Hi Lars,

I can increase the allowed length of the task title, but the additional length would hardly fit the app’s UI.
    Have you considered putting the additional information (ticket number + ID) into the task note?

Best regards,
    Niko

2. 2 Posted by Lars on 16 Nov, 2022 02:10 PM

Thanks for answering, Niko.

First I thought that it was a database related limit of amount of characters. Then I tested and found, that there is a width limit and not a character limit , so I can enter 46 times m or 164 times i.

At least on smaller screens long titles already get truncated and an ellipsis is shown, so at least there it won't change much. Who don't like that may just enter a shorter title.

Using the task description works as workaround, it's a bit cumbersome.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Niko on 16 Nov, 2022 06:20 PM

Then I tested and found, that there is a width limit and not a character limit , so I can enter 46 times m or 164 times i. You are right, that’s a good find:) At the moment the task name length is limited to 517 pixels.

I will increase it in the next update, which should be out before end of the month.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Niko on 30 Nov, 2022 11:41 AM

Hi Lars,
    The latest updates to Timelime for macOS and iOS now support a task name that is 582 pixels wide.
    I increased it only by 65 pixels because I want the full task name to be visible in the task list when resizing its width to the max.
    I hope you understand and this slight increase still helps with the issue.
    Cheers, Niko

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

31 Jan, 2023 11:11 AM
27 Jan, 2023 11:56 AM
27 Jan, 2023 10:25 AM