I love Timelime

tmartinez

01 Feb, 2022 10:21 PM

Niko,

Today I was the 36 person to make a one time donation (I really don't like the subscription model). I am glad that you sent the request. I love Timelime and want to keep using it for a long time.

Greetings from Mexico

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 02 Feb, 2022 10:14 AM

Thank you so much, Tomas!
    It is hard to survive as a one-time paid app in the App Store, if it is not pushed by Apple.
    So you donation helps a lot, keeping Timelime alive:)

2. 2 Posted by Chris on 03 Feb, 2022 10:37 AM

Hi Niko!

Ich kann mich dem Vorredner nur anschließen.
    Es ist eine wunderbare App, die ich für meine tägliche Arbeit benutze. Mein Alltag sieht so aus, dass ich täglich zwischen mehreren Kundenprojekten wechseln muss, dabei hilft mir dein Tool ungemein um mit den Aufwänden hinterherzukommen.

Leider habe ich die Aktivierung über die Firmen-Account gemacht und dort habe ich kein Konto hinterlegt. Daher funktioniert die Donation über die App nicht. Gibt es auch die Möglichkeit woanders als in der App zu spenden?

Falls du deine App mal auf Lunge und Nieren testen möchtest, kann ich dir swiftalyzer.com empfehlen. Das ist eine App, an der ich momentan arbeite. Aktuell ist sie in einer Beta Phase frei verfügbar. Die benutzte ich selber regelmäßig um die Arbeits-Projekte zu analysieren, ob noch alles nach Plan läuft. Vielleicht findest du sie für dein Projekt ja auch hilfreich.

Gruß,
    Chris

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Niko on 03 Feb, 2022 02:24 PM

Hi Chris!

Wow, vielen Dank! Freut mich sehr dass du Timelime bei deiner täglichen Arbeit nutzt und auch mit einer Spende unterstützen willst! :)

Leider gibt es keine andere Möglichkeit zu Spenden im Moment. Ich habe keine Ahnung von Firmen-Accounts, wusste gar nicht dass es sowas gibt.
    Wenn es dir passt könntest du Timelime noch mal mit deiner privaten Apple ID runterladen und dort Spenden (Main Menu > Help > Tip Jar)

Werde deine App ausprobieren… und hoffentlich nicht zu viel Spaghetti Code finden 🙈

Viele Güße,
    Niko

4. 4 Posted by tmartinez on 30 Mar, 2022 08:30 PM

Hi Niko,

For a long while I disabled my iPhone’s Timelime, because I found the sync with my Mac a little cumbersome but hey, probably it’s only me.

Today I decided to try again so I activated the iCloud Sync option in my Mac. Later it appeared on my Mac's screen again your kind message asking for a subscription or a one time donation. Last month I have opted for a one time donation.

I do not mind if I receive a new message after a while but I think is not nice to send it less than two months after I accepted a one time payment.

Since today I have activated the sync function again, maybe it was my action that triggered the message again, it’s ok but I wanted you to know that this could be happening to other customers.

Best Regards

Tomas

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Niko on 31 Mar, 2022 04:19 PM

Hey Tomas,

I’m sorry, this shouldn’t happen. The popup asking for a donation should only display automatically once (as long as you don’t click on the “Ask me later” button).

Thanks for letting me know about this issue. Like you suspected, it might have something to do with the sync, as the flag in the database indicating that the popup has already been displayed, is synced to other devices as well.

I have to check the code and try to reproduce this issue… I’ll let you know if I find the cause.
    Pls let me know in case this happens again.

Thanks again,
    Niko

6. 6 Posted by Karl Egas on 12 Apr, 2022 04:56 PM

Hi Niko

I glad to support your application I used by years and I hope you can support for long time. I suggest make possible other alternatives of send my donation, maybe Paypal or a button on the app to activate send through App Store. It appears one time, I select pay later but did not appears again.

I prefer make once payment at year in the case of big updates, not subscription service.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Niko on 13 Apr, 2022 07:35 AM

Hi Karl,

I’m happy to hear that you are using the app for years and are sticking with it!

If the tip jar popup doesn’t appear again, you can also find it in Timelime's main menu under “Help”.

Thank you so much for supporting my work,
    Niko

8. 8 Posted by Karl Egas on 13 Apr, 2022 04:53 PM

Hi Niko

I have the version 1.8.10 and that Tip Jar optino did not appears on my Help menu after Email Us. I an missing something?

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Niko on 13 Apr, 2022 05:00 PM

Ahh, yes. The tip jar was introduced in version 1.9.0.

Are you running macOS 10.12? I’m asking b/c Timelime 1.8.10 is the last version supported by 10.12...

10. 10 Posted by Karl Egas on 13 Apr, 2022 06:55 PM

I am running Catalina 10.15.7 why the update is not showing up in the App Store for this version?

11. 11 Posted by Karl Egas on 13 Apr, 2022 07:01 PM

I go to the App Store to tour page and Update, but I have the idea that was showing the updates frecuently in the App Store panel.

Anyways I made my donation Massive.

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Niko on 14 Apr, 2022 07:10 AM

Thank you, Karl, for the donation! It helps a lot to keep the app alive.

> I am running Catalina 10.15.7 why the update is not showing up in the App Store for this version?
    I have no Idea. Timelime should just update normally through the App Store.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

21 Jun, 2022 01:21 PM
21 Jun, 2022 08:54 AM
16 Jun, 2022 06:45 PM