Selected tasks should affect totals

gussent

20 Apr, 2020 02:36 PM

Hi Niko, it would be great (and obviously logical) if the selected tasks in the main window (below in the screenshot) affect the hour totals in the overlay window (floating?) (Above in the screenshot). Or at least to be able to set it in the settings (or have some checkbox near the totals, for example).

Use case: I want to quickly see in the floating window how many hours I have already spent on the current project (task), but I can not, because the totals include all tasks. Thus, I am forced to use the main application every time.

Best regards,
Dmitry

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 21 Apr, 2020 08:21 AM

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for your suggestion!
    However, the settings (task selection etc.) of the main window and the panel that pops up from the menubar are completely separate. I think it would confuse most users if the task selection in the main window had an impact on the total time in the menubar panel.

You can see the total time of each task (including subtasks) in the menubar panel on each task strip. If it doesn’t currently show the total time, just klick on one of the time fields and the duration period will change.
    Also, you can show the total time of the current timing in the status item in the menubar, if you choose this setting in Timelime’s “Menu Bar” preferences.

I hope this helps,
    Niko

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screenshot_2020-04-20_at_16.17.12.png 182 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac