Copy start and duration buttons

gussent

20 Sep, 2018 11:57 AM

What if there was a couple of buttons to quick copy to clipboard "timing start" datetime and "timing duration"? And by clicking right mouse button on theese buttons/icons you choose (switch) a desired (predefined in settings) format. Attached an image how it would look.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 21 Sep, 2018 02:35 PM

Hi,
    This feature sounds interesting!
    For some reason the image attachment didn’t work, could you please try again.
    Also, could you describe the use case for this feature in your workflow.

Thanks a bunch,
    Niko

2. 2 Posted by gussent on 21 Sep, 2018 02:45 PM

image upload retry

3. 3 Posted by gussent on 21 Sep, 2018 03:14 PM

As for use cases, I'm still trying to find a way to easily fill worklog on jira. Yeah, I know jira "supports" CSV data import, and yes, I've tried to use timelime's timings export to CSV (this feature still misses some flexibility). So I spent some boring hours to reconvert TL's data to Jira's (using google sheets, apple numbers, etc), but hell no, I couldn't make it.

But if at least it was a possibility to copy time in a jira's format "0w 0d 0h 0m" etc, and copy starting datetime, back again in jira's format, it would save some time for the better use, family or TV =)))

Of course, I understand the jira isn't the sole target where someone wants to export data to, that is why I've suggested predefined templates for the time and date.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Niko on 23 Sep, 2018 05:32 PM

Thanks for the screenshot and the description!

I can add a copy action to the rows of the “Timings” view (using command-c). Maybe with a configurable format in the preferences panel.
    At the moment (with the current design) I cannot add buttons to the “Timings” view, as this would make the UI somewhat cluttered.

But I think best for you would be a CSV export that fits Jira.
    If you sent me an simple example CSV that works with Jira, I can probably modify the CSV export of Timelime.

5. 5 Posted by gussent on 23 Sep, 2018 06:53 PM

It's not a problem. You can show the buttons just on mouse hover, and it can be configured ("not show it at all", for example, some checkbox).

Regarding jira, it's a bit more tricky. Unfortunately, it's not enough just to export TL's data. We'll come back to this later.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

30 Nov, 2018 10:00 AM
19 Nov, 2018 01:16 PM
18 Nov, 2018 03:39 PM