Assign billable hours/money to tasks

Les

29 Dec, 2016 05:08 PM

Would be nice to be able to assign currency to specific tasks and/or projects. If I'm working on a project for a client, it's nice that I can track the time I spend on specific tasks, but why do I need to calculate the amount to charge to the customer by hand? Take the number of course worked, multiply by the amount I charge. Would be more convenient if I can assign my hourly charge to specific tasks (optional), and those tasks would also show/track the amount I've earned so far based on the time interval.

1. 1 Posted by Robert on 06 Feb, 2017 06:00 PM

I agree. I would love to assign a dollar amount per hour to each task and have it total up for me at the end of each project.

2. 2 Posted by Byron on 13 Apr, 2017 07:00 AM

I agree with what they say. Keep this in mind for a new update! It would be fabulous for people who are freelance.

3. 3 Posted by Matthew on 08 Nov, 2017 02:56 PM

New to the Timelime team, and I agree.. being able to input hourly costs to tasks and subtasks would be huge. Even better to include them in the CSV export. Would be a great update, because at a glance I can see what I'm generating on a given project while I'm working on it.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Niko on 18 Nov, 2017 10:10 AM

Hi Les, Robert, Byron, and Matthew,

I agree these features would be good for a lot of users who have to send invoices.

The good news is, I am currently working on billing features for Timelime. Those will be part of a huge update to the app next year.

If you have any specific wishes regarding billing in Timelime, please let me know.

Thank you,
    Niko

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

15 Dec, 2017 09:53 PM
29 Nov, 2017 08:26 AM
29 Nov, 2017 07:52 AM