Pie Chart

vizcarralm

21 May, 2016 05:40 AM

Hi,

I just bought the iOS and Mac apps today. I completed my first day using the apps and I really like the pie chart, particularly the percentage view. I use subtasks and it would be great if the pie chart allowed you to show the percentage by primary task instead of by subtask. Before today I had been using Tyme and in order for me to get a pie chart with percentage by primary task I had to export a CSV file then manipulate the data in Excel. If Timelime allowed viewing the pie chart percentage by primary task it would save me time. Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 21 May, 2016 12:09 PM

Hey Luis,

Thank you very much for your support by buying my apps!

If you want to display the pie chart by primary task, make sure all primary tasks in the task list of the main window (left column) are not expanded. That means no child tasks are visible. Have you tried this?

Thanks again,
    Niko

2. 2 Posted by vizcarralm on 21 May, 2016 06:54 PM

Hi Niko,

I think so. I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like. All subtasks are hidden, but you still see them in the pie chart.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Niko on 22 May, 2016 10:45 AM

Oh sorry, I forgot... You have to either select the "top-level" task in the task list (click on the checkbox next to the task name). Or, if you want to show all tasks anyway, click on "select all visible tasks" in the button above the task list.

4. 4 Posted by vizcarralm on 22 May, 2016 04:11 PM

Thanks, Niko. One more question. What is the effect of selecting and deselecting the top-level task? Is it just to determine what will show in the reporting pane? It doesn't affect archiving or change available tasks that can be used with the time, correct?

Thanks again for the info.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Niko on 23 May, 2016 03:45 PM

No problem!
    You are right, selecting and deselecting tasks is only for determining which tasks will show in the date picker and the charts/timings list.

6. 6 Posted by vizcarralm on 23 May, 2016 07:20 PM

Thank you. That is an excellent feature. Makes it very easy to see the data you want. All the other time tracking apps I've tried are much more complicated than that. Good work!

7. vizcarralm closed this discussion on 30 Aug, 2016 08:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

23 May, 2017 03:36 PM
17 May, 2017 12:08 PM
10 May, 2017 04:18 PM