Time editing issue

Frank Rose

14 Oct, 2015 05:49 PM

Happy user of Timelime.

There are two things that regularly irritate me in when editing timings.

1. Timing says 8AM-10AM. I actually worked until 5PM so I go to edit that field. I type in "5" and it immediately gets changed to "3". I know that you're pinning the time to the last hour of my workday 3AM in order to remain valid. However, I would argue in terms of usability, I JUST typed "5". That 5 should take precedence when resolving the system. I recommend that if changing the AM/PM marker of a time resolves the conflict that was just introduced by what the user types, and doesn't make the end<start, you should do that. It's the difference between magically doing the right thing and doing an irritating thing.

2. Adding a timing for a day that already has a timing and the minute starts at 01, rather than exactly at the end time of the prior timing for that day. 01 minutes is never the right guess for me and I doubt it is for many of your users. I'd say that without knowing more about your user or the way they work, you cannot make a better guess than the last end time.

Thanks for all your hard work. I'm looking forward to the iOS version.

Cheers,
- Frank

1. 1 Posted by Frank Rose on 14 Oct, 2015 06:20 PM

Oops. Sorry!

I just noticed that for some reason Timelime hasn't been updating automatically and I was still using v1.2.4.

v1.4.1 fixes #1 and makes a different guess for #2.

Thanks!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

12 Sep, 2017 07:32 AM
08 Sep, 2017 12:59 PM
30 Aug, 2017 08:02 AM