Missing Timings

Haylee

03 Jun, 2020 09:16 PM

Hi Niko,

I've been using the app since Friday and I had about 6-7 hours worth of Timings from yesterday (6/2/20) that seem to have just disappeared. I looked in my "archived tasks", but they aren't there. I tried to look at the back up file from last night to see if they are there but when I open the Xml file in Excel, I don't understand the format of the task date column. I'm syncing iCloud on my phone and Mac and even though I don't think that would be the problem, I figured I would throw it out there. I'm just not sure how so many Timings would have been deleted. I definitely didn't manually delete them.

Thank you!
Haylee

1. 1 Posted by Haylee on 03 Jun, 2020 09:29 PM

I actually found the missing Timings in the backup XML file, but I'm not sure how to filter them to only show Timings from yesterday and then upload just yesterday's Timings back into Timeline without deleting all of the other Timings.

2. 2 Posted by Haylee on 03 Jun, 2020 09:41 PM

Sorry, I don't mean to spam you, but I also just realized the tasks I created yesterday are missing as well, but are still in the XML backup file.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Niko on 04 Jun, 2020 12:40 PM

Hi Haylee,

Strange, I have no idea how these tasks and timings have gone missing.

But if you import the XML backup using Timelime Preferences > Import > Import Timelime data, it will only import the missing Tasks and Timings. The ones that already exist will be skipped.

Please let me know if this works,
    Niko

4. 4 Posted by Haylee Adamson on 04 Jun, 2020 09:02 PM

Hi Niko,

How weird! I imported the data from the backup and it worked! Thank you so much!

Haylee

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Niko on 06 Jun, 2020 09:02 AM

Cool, I’m glad you fixed it:)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac