Font Glitch

Kee Hinckley

15 Mar, 2018 07:58 PM

I've only been using it for a day, but I love it. Everything I wanted, and so much easier to use than OfficeTime, which I'd been using for several years.

One request. There's a font glitch in the display. Perhaps it's due to a change in Mac revs or something.

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 17 Mar, 2018 10:02 AM

Hi Kee,

Thank you so much for your feedback and the nice App Store review! Good reviews are always helpful:) I am glad you are using Timelime now.

Regarding the font not displaying properly in the panel, I have some questions:
    Which macOS version are you running?
    Have you made any changes to the system fonts on your Mac?
    The font that I see is not displaying properly in your screenshot is “Helvetica Neue Bold”. Please go to the folder "/System/Library/Fonts” (Finder > Go > Go to Folder) and check if there is a file named “HelveticaNeue.ttc” present.
    Also you should check this: Launch the App “Font Book” and see if "Helvetica Neue" shows up in the list. When you right click on the font there, “Disable Helvetica Neue Family” and “Remove Helvetica Neue Family” should be grayed out. Then click on “Validate Font” and make sure the font passes the test.

Please let me know if you find any irregularities. If not I’ll look into it further. At the moment I am in the process of releasing an update and would like to make sure this gets fixed.

Thanks again,
    Niko

2. 2 Posted by kee on 19 Mar, 2018 05:26 PM

MacOS 10.13.2

Good call on the font question. A very long time ago I used to really be
    into collecting and buying fonts. I seem to have about 50 variations on
    HelveticaNeue sitting in my local font library. Disabling a bunch of my
    local copies fixed the problem. Thank you very much.

I also hadn't realized that Font Book was now doing serious font
    management. My old tools had stopped working. Time for me to go do some
    cleanup.

Thanks again.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Niko on 20 Mar, 2018 08:02 AM

Ok great! I’m glad you got it fixed. I didn’t know that the operating system chooses a user installed font over the default one.
    I’ll have to see if I can do anything about it… thanks again for letting me know.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2018-03-15_at_12.57.18_PM.png 49.5 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

13 Oct, 2018 05:33 AM
11 Oct, 2018 08:05 PM
11 Oct, 2018 07:55 PM