Import ICS files

George Mangiaracina

19 Nov, 2016 03:56 PM

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to figure out your app. I would like it to access my calendar. The only way I can see doing this is through an ICS file. I tried setting up the preference section, but I cannot get it to import. I am attaching two files to show you what I mean.

Peace,
George

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 19 Nov, 2016 05:06 PM

Hi George,

You would have to bring the ICS file into some kind of CSV file. Each line from the CSV file will be a timing in Timelime after the export. The timing's task is determined by the import tokens "Task (top level)" and "Subtask...".

I think there are some tools that can convert ICS to CSV, but I have never tried it myself. You will have to bring the ICS file into a suitable CSV format that Timelime CSV Import can read.

Have a good one,
    Niko

2. 2 Posted by Fr. George Mang... on 19 Nov, 2016 07:54 PM

Hi Niko,

One other question I have is “how many, and what tokens” are enough. It seems that when I have too many, and take one out, I get the message there are not enough; and when I add one extra, I get the message there are too many.

Thanks,
    George

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Niko on 20 Nov, 2016 01:55 PM

Hi George,

The date and times of each timing must be unambiguously declared for a row.
    For example you can select the "Date", "Start Time", and "Duration" tokens.
    But selecting the "Date", "Start Time", "End Time", and "Duration" tokens is too much information.
    If you have redundant fields in the CSV file, you can just put an "Ignore" token at the appropriate place.

Niko

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2016-11-19_at_09.50.47.png 72.9 KB
  • Screen_Shot_2016-11-19_at_09.50.58.png 75.2 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

23 May, 2017 03:36 PM
17 May, 2017 12:08 PM
10 May, 2017 04:18 PM