Auto Continue Timing after Idle

Davis

21 Oct, 2015 09:40 PM

I was wondering if there's a setting to have the timer automatically continue recording after I return from idle? Lately I've been forgetting to manually restart the timer after I dismiss the idle message.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 22 Oct, 2015 02:29 PM

Hi Davis,

When the Timelime idle message appears, you can select "Leave timer as it is". This will dismiss the message and not stop the timer. Then there is no need to manually restart the timer.

I hope this helps,
    Niko

2. 2 Posted by David Driscoll on 22 Oct, 2015 03:47 PM

Ah, my mistake. I thought that added in the idle time to the total recorded time. Great little piece of software, thanks!

P.S. - there's a typo in the export field: "Include task descriptions"-> "Put into notes field if the is no note available"the "Timing Notes / Task Description" is missing the "c" in "Description. Thanks again, this has been the best software I've found for a freelancer like myself. David Driscoll [email blocked] Located New York, NY
     To: [email blocked]
     Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 10:29 AM
     Subject: Re: Auto Continue Timing after Idle [Questions #4879]

|

3. 3 Posted by David Driscoll on 22 Oct, 2015 11:46 PM

Actually, just did some tests. When I select "Leave timer as it is" it doesn't deduct the idle time from the timer. What I'm really looking to do is leave the timer always running on my work computer, but when I sit down to it have the idle time deducted from the recording. Is there a way to set that up with a preference? David Driscoll [email blocked] Located New York, NY
     To: [email blocked]
     Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 10:29 AM
     Subject: Re: Auto Continue Timing after Idle [Questions #4879]

#yiv9434060318 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv9434060318 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

23 May, 2017 03:36 PM
17 May, 2017 12:08 PM
10 May, 2017 04:18 PM