how to use app

Noreen

07 Apr, 2021 01:22 PM

I just purchased timeline for my Mac. I want to track writing time (start/stop/interruptions). I thought this app might do that but it seems like I have to manually enter times into the app. Am I missing something? Are there simple directions anywhere?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 07 Apr, 2021 03:39 PM

Hi Noreen,

Thank you so much for choosing Timelime!

You don’t have to enter times manually.
    Please follow these basic steps to add a task and toggle the timer:

After you start Timelime you'll see the status item in the menu bar. To add a new task, click on the status item, and then click on the plus sign in the lower left corner of the panel that pops up.
    To start recording time for that task, just click on the "clock icon" to the left of the task name.
    Now you can toggle the timer for that task either by clicking on "clock icon" in the menu bar item or popup panel. You can also use your previously configured hot key (app preferences) to toggle the timer.
    Another way to start a timer for a recent task is by right-clicking on the item in the menu bar and selecting a task from the menu.

I hope this helps,
    Niko

2. 2 Posted by Noreen Esposito on 07 Apr, 2021 03:45 PM

Thank you for your quick response. I just manually logged 2 + hours in the app. I will follow your steps later today, I have clients right now… but am excited to use this app.

Noreen Esposito EdD, PMHNP, FAANP
    Associate Professor Emeritus
    UNC Chapel Hill

Knowing Horse; Changing Your Story
    Advanced Certified Eagala Mental Health Professional
    www.knowinghorse.com

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

14 Jun, 2021 10:09 PM
07 Jun, 2021 10:21 AM
18 May, 2021 07:58 PM