Military Time or Civil Time could you change that?

karlegas

17 Sep, 2014 08:49 PM

I wondering if the hours can be changed to a 12 hour clock, instead of a 24 hour clock, that would be appreciated. I prefer to do the calculations for the payroll on the regular clock, not the 24 hour military clock, as I have to convert to the payroll 100 and not the clock 60 minutes. Therefore, working with a regular clock format of am/pm is a lot easier to calculate from.

Thanks

Karl

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 17 Sep, 2014 11:59 PM

Hi Karl,

Timelime uses the time format that is set in the OS X System Preferences.
    If you go to System Preferences > Language & Region, you can uncheck the "24-Hour-Time" checkbox. Then Timelime will use the am/pm time format.

I hope this helps!

Niko

2. 2 Posted by karlegas on 18 Sep, 2014 04:09 PM

Niko

Thanks for the answer, but I think that I did not explain correctly, the problem is not how timelime display the time in the window is when exporting the time records only give certain formats 0.00 - 0:00:00 - 0h 0m 0s - 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds it not has 00:00 PM or AM, that is the part if we can print directly from the display window we will be fine. Could you add this format option in the version 1.3?

Also I red that you are talking that in version 1.4 will be have the print feature, but what is the status of version 1.3 coming this month?

Karl

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Niko on 18 Sep, 2014 04:40 PM

Hi Karl,

I just checked... It does use the AM/PM format automatically in the CSV, if set in System Preferences as described above. I attached some screenshots.

Could you please try again...

Version 1.3 is coming soon. I'll planning to get it released before middle of October, but I can't give a specific release date.

Thanks, Niko

4. 4 Posted by karlegas on 18 Sep, 2014 05:49 PM

Ok I checked on both OSX 10.8 and 10.9 and I have the same settings for region Gregorian Calendar, not marked 24-Hour Time and displaying my time settings like a.m p.m but in the Timelime export CSV window not shows in the same way, differences my format 0:00 reads (decimal) beside, you can see the old post to see the options that my timelime version 1.2.3 gives.

Attached the screenshoots of my export window and settings preferences

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Niko on 18 Sep, 2014 08:41 PM

I just checked on OS X 10.8.5... You are right, it doesn't use the AM/PM format when exporting to CSV.

However, on OSX 10.9.5 it works with version 1.2.3 on my Macs. Could you please take screenshots on 10.9, so I can reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
    Niko

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac