Unable to add a timing to a day

Mike Conley

13 Dec, 2021 02:47 PM

If I select a day with no timings in the main window, there does not appear to be any straightforward way to add a timing to that day. If a timing existed for that day, I could edit it, or duplicate it, or delete it, but there seems to be no option to simply add one.

I've attached a screenshot showing the contextual menu (there is no option in the standard menus either).

1. 1 Posted by Mike Conley on 13 Dec, 2021 02:50 PM

Okay, I did find the contextual menu available by right-clicking on the task in the left-hand column. I have a feeling I've had this problem before!

It would be nice to have the same option in the contextual menu for the timing pane as well.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Niko on 13 Dec, 2021 05:31 PM

Hi Mike!

Thanks for letting me know about this! Looking at the screenshot you sent me... the “+” button to add a timing should not be grayed out. I’ll fix this bug in the next update, which should be out soon.

You are right. Using the contextual menu in the task list, you can also add a timing.

Another way to manually add a timing to a task in Timelime’s main window, is to drag a timing from the task list and drop it on a specific day of the calendar in the center of the window.

If you quickly want to add a timing to a recently used task, you can do this: Right-click on the Timelime status item in the menu bar, then push the cmd-key on the keyboard and select the task you want to add the timing to.

3. 3 Posted by Mike Conley on 13 Dec, 2021 05:34 PM

Cheers, Niko!

-mike

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screenshot_2021-12-13_at_09.46.10.png 203 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

30 Nov, 2022 11:41 AM
30 Nov, 2022 11:34 AM
25 Nov, 2022 06:22 PM