open main window at launch

nautrino

25 Jul, 2021 10:00 AM

Hi,
on my iMac Pro, Big Sur 11.4, it is not possible to deactivate "open main window at launch" after starting and logging in the Mac.

Indeed, in the preferences the mark to "open main window" is deactivated, there is no checkmark. After the launch, the app should start but the main window should be hidden. That is not happening. In the preferences I have to deactivate starting the app after launch (no checkmark at automatically start TimeLine after login) and then, when the Mac has started, I have to start the app and then to hide the main window manually.

No Issue with Yosemite before upgrading to Big Sur.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 27 Jul, 2021 10:00 AM

Hi there,

If there is not enough space in the macOS menu bar to display the Timelime status item when the app is launched, the Timelime “main window” will show regardless of the setting of "open main window at launch”.
    Can you please check if this is the case on your Mac?
    If yes, you can drag the Timelime status item further to the right in your menu bar by holding the command key and using drag&drop.

Thank you,
    Niko

2. 2 Posted by Andros Link on 28 Jul, 2021 11:52 AM

Hi, Niko,

Thanks for your mail.

> If there is not enough space in the macOS menu bar to display the Timelime status item when the app is launched, the Timelime “main window” will show regardless of the setting of "open main window at launch”.
    > Can you please check if this is the case on your Mac?
    Yes, there is enough space. (iMac pro 27“)

> If yes, you can drag the Timelime status item further to the right in your menu bar by holding the command key and using drag&drop.
    Doesn't change anything.

Regards,
    Andros
    ---
    [email blocked]

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Niko on 28 Jul, 2021 06:53 PM

Hey Andros,
    I just remembered that some time ago, I fixed a bug that would cause the issue you are describing. Can you please check if you are running the latest version of Timelime (v1.8.8).
    Niko

4. 4 Posted by Andros Link on 29 Jul, 2021 09:30 AM

Hi, Nico,

my version is 1.6.4 - I didn’t get any hint to update the app yet.
    - the menu bar pull down "Timeline, File, Edit" etc. is sometimes not working, not opening.
    - can’t find any button to update to the latest version.

Regards,
    Andros

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Niko on 29 Jul, 2021 09:47 AM

Oh ok. The bug with opening the main window got introduced with macOS Big Sur late last year. If you go to the App Store page of Timelime, you should be able to update.

6. 6 Posted by Andros Link on 30 Jul, 2021 11:47 AM

… sorry, new version, but not better. same issue.

Wir können deutsch schreiben, oder?

Gruss,
    Andros

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Niko on 30 Jul, 2021 02:03 PM

Ja stimmt, wir können deutsch schreiben:)

Also das “main window” öffnet sich bei Dir auf dem iMac Pro immer noch automatisch beim Starten der App?
    Ich kann das hier nicht reproduzieren, kann aber im Code nachschauen, was den Bug auslösen könnte.

Gruss,
    Niko

8. 8 Posted by Andros Link on 03 Aug, 2021 08:58 AM

okay, nun funktioniert es.

Danke für den Support.

Grüße,
    Andros

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

23 Sep, 2021 03:45 AM
13 Sep, 2021 06:04 AM
06 Sep, 2021 12:55 PM