"Move start back in time" does not show the "Adjust end times" dialog if it's used right after starting another task

Julio G

14 Jul, 2021 05:22 PM

Steps to reproduce:
1. Set-up: start timing for Task A, leave it running for several minutes
2. Right-click Timelime, select Task B. Timelime stops Task A and sets current time as Task A's end time. Timelime starts Task B, creates a new timing in the main window list.
3. Right-click Timelime, select "Move start back in time", select 10 minutes.
3a. Expected result: Timelime shows up the "There is an overlap" dialog with the button offering to adjust the end time of Task A
3b. Actual result: Timelime adjusts the start time of Task B to 10 minutes ago, but does NOT adjust the end time of Task A.

I noticed that if I leave Task B running for several minutes, then use the "Move start back in time", it correctly shows the "There is an overlap" dialog. The problem is that I often forget to switch to a new task and only realize that several minutes later: I would like to switch to another task and then immediately use "Move start back in time" to adjust the old task's end time. However, now I have to open Timelime's main window and manually adjust it in the Timings tab.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 15 Jul, 2021 11:21 AM

Hi Julio,

That’s a good find! Thank you for reporting.

A fix will be available in the next update to Timelime for Mac.

Let me know if you find any other bugs…

Thanks,
    Niko

2. 2 Posted by Julio G on 20 Jan, 2022 07:34 PM

Confirming: this has been fixed in Timelime Version 1.9.0.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

22 Jul, 2022 04:52 AM
19 Jul, 2022 06:31 PM
07 Jul, 2022 09:40 AM