"Move start back in time" does not show the "Adjust end times" dialog if it's used right after starting another task

Julio G

14 Jul, 2021 05:22 PM

Steps to reproduce:
1. Set-up: start timing for Task A, leave it running for several minutes
2. Right-click Timelime, select Task B. Timelime stops Task A and sets current time as Task A's end time. Timelime starts Task B, creates a new timing in the main window list.
3. Right-click Timelime, select "Move start back in time", select 10 minutes.
3a. Expected result: Timelime shows up the "There is an overlap" dialog with the button offering to adjust the end time of Task A
3b. Actual result: Timelime adjusts the start time of Task B to 10 minutes ago, but does NOT adjust the end time of Task A.

I noticed that if I leave Task B running for several minutes, then use the "Move start back in time", it correctly shows the "There is an overlap" dialog. The problem is that I often forget to switch to a new task and only realize that several minutes later: I would like to switch to another task and then immediately use "Move start back in time" to adjust the old task's end time. However, now I have to open Timelime's main window and manually adjust it in the Timings tab.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 15 Jul, 2021 11:21 AM

Hi Julio,

That’s a good find! Thank you for reporting.

A fix will be available in the next update to Timelime for Mac.

Let me know if you find any other bugs…

Thanks,
    Niko

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac