App is active but not showing in status bar (again)

rik

04 Jan, 2021 09:58 AM

Hi Niko,

Somehow Timelime doesn't show up in the status bar anymore. However I'm able to click on it and then the menu opens and I can activate the timer. It looks a lot like the issue described in this ticket:
https://timelime.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems-mac/723-app-not-showing-in-desktop-while-open

See attached screenshot how it looks on my system. I followed the steps described in the ticket above but none of it works. Quiting the app or restarting doesn't help either.

Running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and Timelime version 1.7.2.
In Timelime I have the Dark/light setting set to 'system', and in macOS I have appearance set to 'Auto'.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 07 Jan, 2021 04:21 PM

Hi Rik,

This bug should have been fixed with Timelime for Mac version 1.7.2.
    Is this the version you are running? If yes, I’ll look into it again asap, as I’m planning to release another update in the coming days.

Thanks,
    Niko

2. 2 Posted by rik on 08 Jan, 2021 10:36 AM

Hi Niko,

Yes that is the version I'm running currently. Today the app seems to be back (but might as well disappear the next time I close and open my macbook again) :). Thanks!

Rik

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Niko on 08 Jan, 2021 11:17 AM

Ok cool.
    Just one more thing… Can you send me a screenshot of your menu bar settings in Timelime preferences. I mean the first tab of the preferences, so I can configure the app exactly like on your Mac and reproduce the issue…

Thanks, Niko

4. 4 Posted by rik on 08 Jan, 2021 05:36 PM

Hi Niko,

Ofcourse, please find it attached. Have a great weekend.

-Rik

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Niko on 13 Jan, 2021 07:46 AM

Hi Rik,

I have made some changes in code that should fix this problem again. I’ll release an update soon.

It’s strange, but Apple makes it really hard for developers to read out the current appearance (dark/light) of the system UI. And it seems to me that they are also changing their code regarding this in several macOS updates.

Thanks,
    Niko

6. 6 Posted by rik on 14 Jan, 2021 09:51 AM

Hi Niko,

That sounds really annoying, thanks anyway for looking into the issue. At the moment Timelime seems to work just fine, hopefully with the next update it will stay that way. And thank you for your quick response and follow up on anything regarding Timelime, it's still my #1 productivity app for my business.

-Rik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2021-01-04_at_10.52.34.png 279 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Jan, 2021 01:35 PM
18 Jan, 2021 08:32 AM
14 Jan, 2021 09:51 AM