Timing Totals

CJ Shumate

03 Jul, 2020 02:01 AM

Hello,
I often have trouble getting the timing totals to workout. I usually round up to the nearest quarter hour, and the timing next to each task will look correct but the sum total at the bottom of the screen is generally wrong. See the attached example.

1. 1 Posted by CJ Shumate on 03 Jul, 2020 02:03 AM

Sum total should be 3h 45m but it appends 6 seconds from I don't know where. I have gone through and corrected each timing but I don't know where the seconds come from. If the sum would correctly add the rounded durations, I wouldn't have to correct the timings.
    When I click rounded durations, it adds 15 min to the first timing that's 8:25 to 9:25. There should be no rounding in that case. But even though that timing changes, the sum total remains the same.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Niko on 06 Jul, 2020 08:51 AM

Hi,

Thank you for pointing this out to me!

In the current version of Timelime the total duration displayed in the status bar always adds up the un-rounded durations.

I have now changed this… In the next update, depending on wether the “Show rounded durations” checkbox is checked, the total time will include rounding or not.
    I have also added a visual indicator that will let you know if the durations in the table and status bar include rounded times or not.

Thanks again,
    Niko

3. 3 Posted by CJ Shumate on 06 Jul, 2020 02:32 PM

Awesome, thank you!

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Niko on 13 Jul, 2020 07:47 PM

Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that the update that implements this is now available on the Mac App Store.

Niko

5. 5 Posted by CJ Shumate on 13 Jul, 2020 08:12 PM

Thanks so much, Timeline is a great product.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2020-07-02_at_6.59.18_PM.png 1.75 MB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac