Main window does not reflect new timer after system shutdown and start with reopen windows when logging back in

Roger

24 Jan, 2020 04:23 PM

If you have TImelime running before you shutdown and the main window is displayed, when you shutdown with "Reopen windows when logging back in" set then start the system, Timelime comes back up with all other applications, If you start and stop a timer from the toolbar (I used a custom hotkey of F13), Timelime records it, but the Main window does not show the timer. If it is the first timer of the day, there is no new colored dot in the calendar. If you close the Main window and re-open it, the new timer is shown, and the calendar has a new colored dot.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 27 Jan, 2020 06:39 AM

Hi Roger,
    Thank you very much for reporting this issue!
    I have been trying to reproduce it several times in different conditions, but it always worked as expected and the main window shows the timer started in the menu bar.
    What is your setup? What kind of Mac are you using, what’s your macOS version, …

Thanks again,
    Niko

2. 2 Posted by Roger Rubio on 07 Feb, 2020 03:58 PM

I am running on:

MacBook Pro 13 inch 2019
    MacOS 10.14.6
    2.8 Ghz CPU
    16 GB RAM

This issue only seems to happen after having the main UI open before shutdown, restarting the OS, and having the OS restore all windows that were open before shutdown.

Thanks,
    Roger

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Niko on 14 Feb, 2020 08:38 AM

Hi Roger,

I have now tried to reproduce the issue on a MacBook Pro running macOS 10.14.6, but it still worked as expected.

Do you have “Open main window at launch” checked in Timelime’s preferences?
    On my Mac the Timelime window would only open when this is checked, even when I check “Reopen windows when logging back in” when restarting the OS.

Thanks,
    Niko

4. 4 Posted by Roger Rubio on 14 Feb, 2020 04:28 PM

No, that option is not checked.

This only seems to happen after the main window is already open when I shutdown my Mac, and then start it up again the next day (with the reopen new windows when logging back in option set).  If there main window wasn't already open when I shutdown the Mac, then when I open it the next time, it reflects new timers set in the toolbar.

Thanks,
    Roger

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

07 Apr, 2020 02:23 PM
12 Mar, 2020 01:23 PM
11 Mar, 2020 09:20 AM