Menu bar info and clock icon no longer showing in menu bar.

Gerard

14 Oct, 2019 01:09 AM

Hi,
In the latest mac os update (OS Catalina), the Timelime info no longer displays in the menu bar when you set it to "display in the menu bar". Can we expect a fix anytime soon? Thanks.
And a big thank you for this app, It has been a great asset for me when I do freelance work!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 14 Oct, 2019 08:29 AM

Hi Gerard,
    I’m glad Timelime is helpful to you!
    Can you please try quitting Timelime (right click on empty space -> Quit Timelime) and relaunching it. This problem appeared on one of my Macs too, but never happened again after relaunching the app once.
    Niko

2. 2 Posted by Gerard on 15 Oct, 2019 04:39 AM

Hi,
    So that did the trick, but what i had to do was first uncheck all the boxes in the "Menu Bar" preferences, then quit Timelime and finally relaunch it. And now all is back to normal. Thanks again!

3. 3 Posted by Olga on 17 Oct, 2019 07:13 AM

Hi! It happens to me too. Every time the theme in Catalina changes from night to day and vice versa, the icon of Timelime goes invisible and I have to reload the app.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Niko on 17 Oct, 2019 10:51 AM

Hi Olga,

This shouldn’t be happening.

When you go to System Preferences > General and switch the system appearance there between “Light” and “Dark”, does the Timelime status item go invisible also?

And, can you please post a screenshot of your Timelime status item here (when it is visible), so I can see your configuration.

Thank you,
    Niko

5. 5 Posted by Olga on 18 Oct, 2019 10:10 AM

Hi, Niko! Yes, when I change the system appearance in preferences Timelime status also goes invisible until I reload Timelime.
    Here it the screenshot:

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Niko on 18 Oct, 2019 10:23 AM

Hi Olga!

Strange… I’m unable to reproduce it on my Macs.
    Are you running the latest version of Timelime (1.6.4)?
    What kind of Mac are you using? Is there anything special about your setup (dual screens, …)?

Thank you for your help,
    Niko

7. 7 Posted by Olga on 18 Oct, 2019 10:42 AM

Well, I use MacBook Air with MacOS Catalina 10.15 with external display (Mac is in clam shell mode). Yes, I use 1.6.4 version of Timelime.
    Thank you!
    Olga

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Niko on 18 Oct, 2019 10:46 AM

Sorry Olga, I just noticed there might be a misunderstanding on my side. What exactly goes invisible in your case? The Timelime icon (in the app switcher) or the Timelime status item (the one that sits in the Mac menu bar, the one you took the screenshot of)?

Thanks!

9. 9 Posted by Olga on 18 Oct, 2019 10:50 AM

The one that I took the screenshot of. Just a thought, it could be connected to the Flux application that I have installed (to control the blue light of the screen automatically). It switches black and white theme every night, as far as I understood. But I'm not sure thats the cause.
    Thank you, Niko!

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Niko on 18 Oct, 2019 01:25 PM

Hmm, I am also using the Flux app. And I have tried with an external screen. Still not able to reproduce the issue:(
    Does the same problem appear when you unplug the external screen and use the internal display?
    Thanks!

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Niko on 19 Oct, 2019 07:41 PM

Hi again,

Good news:
    I have now found the cause of the problem and fixed it in the code.
    I will release an update with the fix soon!

All the best and please let me know if there are any other issues,
    Niko

12. 12 Posted by Olga on 20 Oct, 2019 10:57 AM

Thanks for your help, Niko!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2019-10-13_at_9.09.16_PM.png 44 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 Oct, 2019 10:57 AM
12 Oct, 2019 11:09 AM
09 Oct, 2019 08:21 AM