Coworker sees idle running tasks of other persons and gets idle warning

Christian

11 Feb, 2017 07:04 AM

First of all i have to say: Timelime is great.
I feel like I tried every other time tracking app on the planet. And Timelime beats them all. At least for me.
The only issue I ran into is the following:
I am syncing Timelime through dropbox. Me and my wife work on two different macs and can see each others running tasks.
Which is ok and I guess it has to be like that. But when one of the computer sis idle, it shosw the task of the other person as idle two and throughs a warning. Eventhough the other person is working his ass off currently. If the lazy person is then not just clicking without beeing really carefull, with STOP TIMER he/she would just throw all currently running hours to the trash. Would there be a way that tasks that were started on a different device are not shown as idle. Or even better are not stoppable at all ? Or am I missing something?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 12 Feb, 2017 11:21 AM

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your kind words, I’m glad you like Timelime!

Regarding the idle time problem:
    I have thought about this, but currently there is no simple solution. Timelime doesn't officially supports team tracking.
    I could easily modify the behavior, so only timings that are started on the same device can trigger the idle time detection. But then probably more users would complain, because the great majority aren’t using Timelime in a team.
    So I rather implement some sort of team feature properly in a future update, which will at least let you choose if and to which other devices you want to synchronize your running timings.
    Would it be possible for you and your wife to disable the idle time detection for now, until there is a solution for this problem.

I hope you understand,
    Niko

2. 2 Posted by Christian Rapp ... on 13 Feb, 2017 05:32 AM

Hello Niko,

thanks for your answer. I am glad you considering to think about a new feature coping with this problem in a future version.
    Until then… keep up the great work, please. =)

Take care
    Christian

--
    Christian Rapp | RAPPiD
    0162 2162 822
    www.rappid.de

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Niko on 13 Feb, 2017 01:19 PM

Cool, thanks for using Timelime!

All the best,
    Niko

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

12 Sep, 2017 07:32 AM
08 Sep, 2017 12:59 PM
30 Aug, 2017 08:02 AM