Menu bar icon no longer yellow

carter

12 Jan, 2017 04:39 PM

I really liked it when the menu icon highlighted yellow when a task was running, cuz when the animation doesn't run across multiple monitors -- it is an easy way to tell the timer is still running.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 12 Jan, 2017 04:45 PM

Hi Carter,

Can you please attach a small screenshot of your menu icon. When it shows this status of not being yellow anymore - but you'd like it to be.
    There are so many different settings, and I would like to see how you configured it.

Thanks

2. 2 Posted by carter on 12 Jan, 2017 04:49 PM

Attached are a couple of screenshots. One of the menu bar and the other of my current preference settings. Thanks Niko!

-carter

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Niko on 12 Jan, 2017 05:07 PM

Are you running Timelime version 1.5.3?
    I think it has always been like this: When the menu bar icon is animated, its color doesn’t change. When animation is turned off, it turns yellow/green when the timer is running.
    Have you tried turning the animation off in preferences?

Several users have told me they don’t like color in their menu bar, that’s why I’m using as little color as possible...

4. 4 Posted by carter on 12 Jan, 2017 05:54 PM

OK, I finally got it working. I had to delete/uninstall and reinstall for it to work properly. I just updated from OS X 10.11 to 10.12 Sierra, so it probably just freaked out a bit. Thank you for your help!

P.S. I did have to turn off the animation for it to turn yellow. Thank you again! Love the app.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Niko on 12 Jan, 2017 05:56 PM

Ok, great! I’m glad you got it working.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

12 Sep, 2017 07:32 AM
08 Sep, 2017 12:59 PM
30 Aug, 2017 08:02 AM