How can I enter text in the Task Description column?

Tomas Martinez

07 Dec, 2016 02:34 AM

Love Timelime, I have been using it for several years now.

I cannot find a way to enter data on the last column to the right "Task Description".

Thank you.

Tomas

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 07 Dec, 2016 08:27 AM

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for using Timelime for such a long time!

If you right-click on a task and select ‘Get Info’, you’ll see a field ‘description’. Whatever you fill in there goes into the ‘Get Info’ field of the CSV export.

Thank you,
    Niko

2. 2 Posted by Tomas Martinez on 07 Dec, 2016 01:39 PM

Niko:

I did it and yes, whatever I put on the "Get Info" field on a Task, appears on the “Task Description” column in the CVS report, but being on the Task, it became a repeating field which makes no sense. It would be nice to have Time Notes, AND Task Description for each entry.

Thank you

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Niko on 07 Dec, 2016 09:41 PM

Hey Thomas,

Yes, if you have a lot of timings from the same task in your CSV, it makes no sense to include the "Task Description" field in the CSV.

I don't quite understand what you mean by "It would be nice to have Time Notes, AND Task Description for each entry."
    As it is now, you can turn on/off the "Timing Notes" field and the "Task Description" field individually for the CSV export.
    Would you like to have an individual task description for each timing?

4. 4 Posted by Tomas Martinez on 08 Dec, 2016 12:21 PM

Niko:

On second thoughts I think that probably the header Time Notes / Task Description and then the next column called also Task Description is a little bit misleading. Probably a I will prefer using Time Notes just as Time Notes and have a switch to turn off the column Task Description if you wish.

I have learned more about Timelime. Thanks for your nice and quick support Niko, you have a great product!

Tomas

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Niko on 08 Dec, 2016 12:44 PM

Thank you Tomas for your nice words!

Yes, the "Time Notes / Task Description" appears when you check "Put into notes field if there is no note available" in the "Include task descriptions" section.
    You probably want to uncheck this...

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2016-12-06_at_8.30.34_PM_copy.png 30.4 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 Apr, 2017 08:40 AM
20 Apr, 2017 08:05 AM
13 Apr, 2017 07:00 AM