Won't Connect To DropBox

Jay Jester

11 Apr, 2016 01:54 PM

Good morning.

This issue started yesterday after I did a fresh install of OS X and downloaded the App.

The problem starts with a message - "Unable to sync, trying again in a few seconds.". Using the 'Force Sync' button bring the same results.

The after a while I get the message - "Timelime disconnected from Dropbox" with an error code of Domain: CDEErrorDomain | Code: -1"

Thanks,

Jay

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 11 Apr, 2016 04:06 PM

Hi Jay,

When connecting to Dropbox, please choose “Delete cloud data” from the window that pops up.

If this doesn’t help, I will need log output from the Console app while connecting to Dropbox. (Let me know if you need assistance with this…)

Thanks, Niko

2. 2 Posted by jay.jester on 11 Apr, 2016 07:15 PM

Niko,

So if I do that, will the data in the cloud is lost?

I don’t have a local backup, since I’ve moved to using the cloud for my backups.

Thanks,

Jay

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Niko on 11 Apr, 2016 09:38 PM

Yes, the data in the cloud will be erased.
    But if you can see all your tasks and timings in Timelime while not connected to Dropbox, they are stored locally. Then the data in the cloud will be reproduced from the local data after connecting again.

Did you set the Timelime’s automatic backup location to a folder in the cloud? This will not be erased when choosing “Delete cloud data” during the connection process.

4. 4 Posted by jay.jester on 11 Apr, 2016 10:07 PM

Niko,

The automatic backup was set to the default location (User/Library), which lost due to HD corruption issues.

The only solution was a full reinstallation of OS X.

I’ve attached some of the console logs that have the connection attempts.

One item, the network machine name is different this time.

Thanks,

Jay

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Niko on 12 Apr, 2016 08:17 AM

Hi Jay,

You don't have any other backup of your User/Library folder (Time Machine,..), right?

If you don't mind me having access to your Timelime tasks and timings, i could try to recover them from your sync data:
    1. Log in to your Dropbox account in the browser and go to https://www.dropbox.com/home/Apps
    2. Right-Click on the Timelime folder and choose "Download"
    3. Send the zip file to my email: [email blocked]

6. 6 Posted by jay.jester on 12 Apr, 2016 02:24 PM

Niko,

Thanks for all of the support!

Since I export all of my timing each week, I was able to create a .csv to import that brought about 95% of the tasks back in.

It also made me rethink how I had them initially built, so now it looks a bit cleaner.

I also moved to using iCloud, and will backup to an folder that is on a better backup routine.

Thanks again,

Jay

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Niko on 12 Apr, 2016 05:28 PM

No problem, I’m glad you were able to recover most of the data!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• screenshot_01.jpg 29 KB
  • screenshot_02.jpg 45.8 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Jan, 2023 11:56 AM
27 Jan, 2023 10:25 AM
23 Jan, 2023 04:48 PM