Reordering task window - lost group

jim.strong

29 Oct, 2014 03:27 PM

Hi. I've just purchased Timelime and am in the process of learning / setting things up. I've entered four tasks, each with sub-tasks, but in trying to drag the top level tasks into alphabetical order, one of the Tasks and all subtasks has completely disappeared from the left-hand tasks window (and the task colour is not seen in the calendar pane) even though the individual tasks and timings still show up in the extended view and are all still listed in the csv export file.

I've tried selecting and deselecting archived and non-archived tasks as well as closing down and reopening Timelime, but no luck.

Thanks for any help

Jim

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 29 Oct, 2014 04:26 PM

Hi Jim,

That's strange. Did you check, if you accidentally dragged one of the top level tasks as a subtask of one of the other top level tasks and thus being hidden. Did you expand all parent tasks by clicking on the disclosure triangles?

If a task is being hidden for whatever reason, it should reappear after relaunching the app.

What I would do now is this:

• backup your database using the "Backup" button in the "backup" tab in the app's preferences

• restore your data from the XML file just created ("Restore Timelime data" in the same preferences tab)

Please let me know if this made the task reappear.

Thank you,
    Niko

2. 2 Posted by jim.strong on 29 Oct, 2014 04:49 PM

Hi Niko

Yes - I did check all over for it and expanded all tasks, but no luck.

I've now done the backup and restore and I'm afraid to say that the relevant task has now gone completely - the tasks are no longer in the extended view, nor in the csv file. :-(

As an recent user, I must say that I did find it quite difficult to drag the task into the required order - I kept on finding I had dragged it into another task as a sub task. As the task I was dragging already had two levels of subtasks, could this have been the reason why it disappeared?

Anyway, I guess I will re-enter the lost task.

Thanks

Jim

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

01 Feb, 2023 08:14 AM
31 Jan, 2023 11:11 AM
27 Jan, 2023 11:56 AM