I wasn't able to recreate this from scratch, so I'm attaching a
backup file that shows this behavior (I renamed everything in it).
Most of the groups (except group 1) have subtasks with matching
colors. For example, group2 should be all white (FFFFFF), group 4
should be all dark gray (333333), and group 5 should be all
yellow-orange (FFCC00). Also, g3 group 1 (under group 3) should be
all purple (7030B0). Whenever you try to correct a task that
doesn't match its sibling tasks, certain tasks in the other groups
I've mentioned will take on whatever color you select for that
task. For example, in group 2, there may be a task that is not
white. If you fix that task to be white so that it matches the
other tasks in that group, then...a task will also turn white in
both group 4 and group 5, as well as g3 group 1. The same tasks are
getting their colors replaced by the color that was last selected.
Try it and see if the same thing happens for you. The other
groups/tasks seem to be ok.
Very weird. Those steps per se did not solve the problem.
However, I ended up doing more experiments, such as moving the
affected tasks into a group and deleting everything else to whittle
it down to a smaller database with the same glitches.
It stopped responding while I was deleting things. I couldn't
interact with anything except that the Preferences window still
worked (since I still had it open) and right-clicking the menubar
status still worked (but not left-clicking). I had to close and
But guess what. Now it works fine.
I don't know...I was convinced that it was a data issue, but I
guess it wasn't! I had closed and restarted it before, and I had
rebooted for system updates, but neither had seemed to stop the
glitches. I wonder if deleting tasks cleaned something up, outside
of the database. I had started out deleting tasks one by one, but
then I accidentally deleted an entire group at once, and that's
when it locked up. There was no beachball, but I remember there was
a "busy" sort of (animated?) icon in the main window itself
somewhere in the bottom bar, maybe under the calendar.
So, I hope the colors behave from now on. I'll be watching that
for a while.
Well, the color-clobbering came back...after the delay/beachball
thingie. I think there's some memory corruption going on
here--that's the only explanation I can think of. Besides, after
closing Firefox to free up memory and restarting Timelime, I was
able to fix up the colors and that worked fine.
So I guess it's back to the delay/beachball problem that we're
having. Other than adding more memory (which I can't do right now)
I hope there's some way to make Timelime more stable for me.
Hi, I had the same issue with colors: random pairs of tasks sometime get synchronized color - when I change color on one of them, other gets the same. However, tasks are not related to each other (does not have task - subtask relation).
App restart seems to fix the problem, but I did not do extensive testing yet.