Manually inputted timings and "New day starts at"

Dan S.

22 May, 2014 08:45 AM

I have "New day starts at:" set to 6:00 AM. (Thanks for that setting!) If I start and stop a timing, it works correctly and the timing shows up for the correct day. However, if I manually enter the timing, there's no way to set the correct time — if it's set to the date after midnight, the time jumps ahead to 6:00 AM. I finally fixed it by temporarily changing the "New day" setting back to midnight, setting the timing correctly, and then going into the database and decrementing the entry's ZABSDAY and ZDAY by 1.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Niko on 22 May, 2014 12:41 PM

Hi Dan,
    it is tricky but you can do it this way:

Let's say your "new day starts at" is set to 6 a.m. and you want to add a timing for May 20 from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m.. This timing will be show up with other timings on May 19 as its start and end date is before 6 a.m.

So I would do the following:
    1. manually add the timing in the main window or the menu bar panel.
    2. Change the date to May 19.
    3. Go to the time pickers and using the up-arrow key to adjust the hour (and then adjust the minute).

I just tried it and it works. Entering the time using the number keys doesn't work here b/c the time picker doesn't know you are entering a time after midnight. If I'd allow to enter the time directly, the date picker would have to change dates automatically. I'm not sure If this would confuse some users... But I will check if I can simplify this process for the next update. Thank you for reporting!

Have a good day,
    Niko

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

01 Feb, 2023 08:14 AM
31 Jan, 2023 11:11 AM
27 Jan, 2023 11:56 AM